Monday, January 08, 2007

Library 2.0 Thing 2

7 and 1/2 habits of successful lifelong learners.

Of the 7 and 1/2 habits presented, I would have to say that the easiest for me is the first one, begin with the end in mind. I've always been good at setting goals for myself. While I may not always reach them quickly or even reach them at all, I find life to be much more satisfying if I have a goal to work on. It took me seven years to get my bachelors degree, and that was without taking off time between high school graduation and my college graduation. Because the goal of completeing my bachelors was always in the back of my mind I was able to keep plowing through the workload of college life. Now I'm doing the same with my Masters and hope to be done by the Fall of 2008. I started in the fall of 2005.

None of the 7 and 1/2 habits seem to be that hard for me as I have always seen myself as a lifelong learner. However, if I would have to pick one that takes the most effort is having confidence. It's so easy to say I can't. This is especially true for me when I'm trying to learn things such as new dances, or new sports. I lack confidence. However, I don't let it stop me from at least learning about the sport, or learning the dance moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home